Call us now:
Market Stats Austin Texas / September 2021
Highlights For September Home Sales
Total sales are down over Sep 2020
Appreciation remains strong with most numbers showing +25% to +30% YOY price gains. Homes are still moving quickly with a median of 7 days on market for the city and the suburbs.
What does this mean?
September appreciation numbers are very similar to August.
With 4-7 months of consistent pricing data, pricing properties is no longer difficult for Listing Agents.
And, We’re continuing to see a return to normal market seasonality. However, September 2021 was noticeably stronger in sales volume than the “normal” pre-covid market in 2019, which is the first indicator that our “new normal” will be stronger than the pre-covid market.
If you’re a Buyer:
- The fall and winter markets almost always provide buying opportunities.
- There is generally less competition.
- The downside is that there are less homes to choose from.
- If you’re a buyer, it makes sense to continue your search in the fall with the understanding that it will be easier to purchase a home if you can find a great home that works for you.
- We expect to see more homes hit the market in the early spring.
If you’re a Seller
- The fall and winter months are almost always tougher for Sellers.
- Homes do sell and pricing remains strong, but it’s a different experience than sellers saw only a few months ago.
- While we do see many multiple offers, they are not guaranteed.
- If you’re a Seller, it makes sense to keep your home on the market in the fall. Don’t forget, people buy homes all year-round!
All of that said, as we continue to move through the 4th quarter of 2021… real estate is hyperlocal and hyper-situational so please reach out to me if you have questions over your specific market or situation.
I would absolutely love to help you find that next place to call home.